After each use:
- Clean the upper and lower tanks, nose pillows, and nasal dock by detaching them from the white mechanical module and thoroughly washing them with anti-bacterial dishwashing soap (the major brands all make this and they are clearly labeled on the front and available at most supermarkets), or with a solution of one-half white vinegar and one-half water.
- Wipe the underside of the mechanical module with a cloth dampened with anti-bacterial soap or vinegar and water. Do no immerse or run water onto the mechanical module.
- Rinse the crushing chamber lid (A and B) under very hot water for 30 seconds. This will melt away salt crystals, if any.
- Rinse the drain and drain pipe by lifting the drain pull (C) and running hot water through it.
- Don’t place the Naväge Nose Cleaner in a dishwasher. It is not dishwasher safe. Exposing the tanks to dishwasher heat may warp and prevent them from sealing to the center module. Running the Nose Cleaner through a dishwasher voids the warranty and will likely damage the device.
- Don’t rinse the underside of the white center module with running water, as this may damage the pump. Instead, wipe it with a damp cloth.
We’re trying to be very thorough with the cleaning instructions above, but please be assured that in practice it’s a pretty simple process.
Keywords: Smell, Odor, Bacteria, Mold